Thursday, March 20, 2014

A childlike heart

i wish i could still be like a 3 year old little girl and when i would wake up in the morning the first thing i would say would be: "I am a princess." This is how Gabrielle is doing every day when she wakes up. i keep telling her how beautiful she is, like a princess.

today this made me think about how important it is to know our true identity in God, about how we were created to be and to live this life.
we've been created in His own image - we've been redeemed with the price of His precious blood, this must make us think how much we matter to Him. we are His precious children.
we've been created to live like His childs, our joy, identity and freedom is found in Him alone. God's love for us amazes me - His love is unconditionally, is not based on what we do perfectly right or anything else, except Himself. He loves us at our best and worse. when we will truly believe that He loves us this much we will start to see ourselves as He sees us. i know that many times i let the enemy to steal the joy of this truth from my heart and letting him to bring doubt and dissapointment, and this is so wrong. once i've been made right in Christ nothing nothing nothing can separate me from His love. I'm God's child forever. He will never abandon me, or leave me, or forsake me, because His love is eternal and He will always be by my side.
i know who i am in Christ, i know how precious i am and how wonderful i've been created to be, but i pray and i need His strength to live in His truth every day and in every circumstance. I proclaim His truth in my life:

I am a princess.

i also thought about how God sees us like flowers, like a garden that He wants to take care of. A garden to look beautiful has to be cleaned first, and so i imagine God taking care of our hearts. if He is the gardener of our hearts we will be cleaned and He will cut down everything that doesn't please His heart.
God cares about your heart and everything it's in it, He wants to take care of it. If we won't let Him to take care of it, we will grow weary and we won't be in blossom and joy as we should be.
Winter is gone, but spring is already here.
Let Him make you who He wants you to be.

"My beloved spoke and said to me,
Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, come with me.
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me. "---Song of Songs 2:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment